[First Name] [Last Name]
Contact Address: [street]
[Country] [City] [State/Province] [Zip Code]
Contact Number: (012)-345-6789
Email Address: [[email protected]]
Stand out with Creative Resume templates guaranteed to give you an edge. Create Modern Resume or Google Docs Resume in minutes. Find out more regarding how to build a resume. Impress you future employer. Also, read inspiring Career Blog gives an inside view of work and workplace culture.
To work as a veterinary technician assistant at “City Zoo,” and help veterinarians and the zoo staff in taking care of animals and keeping records of their health and nutrition.
Summary of Skills:
- Proficient with medical terminologies, tests procedures, first aid and nursing practices related to animal care
- Love for animals along with willingness to go the extra mile and care for them
- Knowledge about the dietary requirements and behavior of animals
- Ability to handle emergencies and pressure situations with ease and efficiency
- Skilled in conversing with pet owners and instructing them on pet care
Vet Tech Assistant
Pet Care Clinic, Bloomsburg, PA
September 2013 – Present
- Supporting the head veterinary doctor in diagnosing and treating animals
- Performing administrative duties as instructed by the team of doctors
- Holding and controlling animals while administering medicines, inserting feeding tubes, giving vaccinations, recording temperatures, etc.
- Observing the health conditions of the animals, taking down the changes, and managing their dietary requirements and medications
- Investigating any incident of misbehavior or cruelty towards animals
- Performing first aid on animals and complaining against the offenders under the charges of animal protection act violation
Vet Tech Assistant
Blue Cross Veterinary Clinic, Bloomsburg, PA
April 2012 – August 2013
- Performed initial medical inspections of the admitted animals, collected samples, and performed tests to confirm the exact nature of disease or disorder
- Performed pre-operative functions, namely, administering anesthesia to the patients, cleaning the area to be operated, keeping the medicines and instruments ready, etc.
- Filed and maintained records of patients admitted into clinic, and prepared charts describing their medical conditions and treatments administered
- Supported the head veterinary doctor in visiting several animal facilities like pet stores, horse racing facility, etc. and performed routine medical inspection on animals
- Guided pet-owners on dietary requirements and vaccinations for their animals
High School Diploma
Cherry School, Bloomsburg, PA