Highly-professional and talented software security specialist with a solid experience in maintaining information and software security as well as in implementing and updating effective security systems for the organization. Possess strong technical knowledge along with effective communication, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
Summary of Skills:
- Strong experience of maintaining software systems or network security, security technologies, protocols and assessment tools, risk management methodologies and SDLC process
- Familiarity with networking design and protocols, and network security tools
- Proficiency with Linux, HTML5, CSS, MySQL, DLP, SIEM, MS Office Suite and database applications as well as working knowledge of ESET, AVG and other anti-virus tools
- Ability to solve problems, make quick and effective decisions as well as to research and identify security vulnerabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and IT staff
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to translate findings like security requirements into easily understandable conclusions and recommended actions
- Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously and within strict deadlines
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced and dynamic work environment as well as remain calm under stressful conditions
- Ability to work well within a team to identify, investigate and resolve security issues as well as demonstrated self management and flexibility to take on new challenges
- Ability to stay up-to-date with the latest industry changes and advancements to work efficiently and produce high-quality results.
Software Security Specialist
INM Code Technologies, Miami, FL
December 2016 – Present
- Planning, coordinating and implementing efficient software security measures to prevent unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure of information
- Working closely with technical teams to troubleshoot problems and mitigate security threats
- Providing training related to all security procedures and practices to the new employees
- Collecting and maintaining records of all virus attacks as well necessary feedback for developing new and advanced programs and systems
- Modifying and monitoring computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors or determine when to update or upgrade anti-virus programs
- Maintaining professional relationships with all end-users or customers by providing effective support as well as identifying, discussing and resolving security issues such as computer data access, security violations, and programming changes
- Documenting necessary software and network security policies, procedures, and tests as needed
- Managing and maintaining current network, server and file sharing infrastructure
- Facilitating IT-related operating guidelines, standards, methodologies, processes as well as internal and external audits
- Providing assistance with configuration management activities on different software projects as well as supported security tools such as firewalls and anti-virus software to avoid destruction or unauthorized access.
General Dynamics Information Technology Group, Miami, FL
June 2015 – November 2016
- Helped in planning and implementation of network security measures to protect data, software and hardware as well as reviewed configuration of network system
- Assisted in the development and execution of IT security policies and procedures in compliance with the best industry practices
- Adhered to established security standards and operational goals as well as efficiently monitored network administration approach to ensure a safe and secure integrated development or applications environment.
- Provided technical assistance in support of desktop and software network connectivity as well as software and firmware maintenance on different network devices
- Installed and supported LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet and Intranet systems as required
- Developed and implemented effective network testing strategies and documented their results as well as maintained network monitoring and analysis tools
- Assisted in troubleshooting complex network problems of end-users by providing effective training and support
- Monitored network performance to determine adjustments needed as well as to recommend changes that improved system performance and reliability.
Software Security Intern
Golden Technologies, Miami, FL
September 2014 – May 2015
- Provided direct support to IT employees as well as other staff members as required for software security related issues
- Assisted specialists, managers and executives in the planning, development and implementation of best security practices as well as policies and procedures
- Assisted with evaluation of business strategies as well as information security standards research activities to gather security requirements as well as analyzed current ones and made appropriate suggestions for improvement
- Developed security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures by preparing accurate status reports on security matters as well as assisted in defining network disaster recovery plans
- Assisted in monitoring network traffic for any kind of abnormality as well as researched and recommended appropriate security tools such as firewalls and anti-virus software to avoid different risks or issues
- Assisted with routinely software audits to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate(MCSA) certification
CED Solutions, Miami, FL
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
Florida International University, Miami, FL