[First Name] [Last Name]
Contact Address: [street]
[Country] [City] [State/Province] [Zip Code]
Contact Number: (012)-345-6789
Email Address: [[email protected]]
To achieve a good construct ability of ships of all the types, to gain more experience worldwide, to guide subordinates in skills learned.
09/2006 to Present: Regional Manager
Seetec Worldwide, China
- Accountable for functions in the China during New Build Shipbuilding plans.
- Presently have seven shipyards under the contract throughout the area to make variety of Vessels, 30x Bulk-Carriers (58000 t). 5 x Chemical-Tankers (12000 t), 15 x Oil-Tankers (5500t), 8 x Oil Tankers (16000 t), 8 x Bitumen-Carriers (10000 t).
- Accountable for seven Site Managers, six Sr. Surveyors and thirty Chinese employees.
- Daily meetings with the Shipyard superior Management to make certain each project is distribute on a schedule and to requirement.
- Operational directly with the Head Office in a Glasgow and special Clients during the design stages and the construction stages.
- Marketing the industry in a China and SE Asia. Providing support to owners when needed.
- Also have duty for projects in a Korea.
- Responsibilities also include evaluations of local Shipyards for creation of the new builds, Plan Sanction, Reviews of Ships Designs and the Makers Lists.
01/2006 to 08/2006: Subcontracts Manager
Leightun Contractors, Indonesia
- Working as on site Subcontracts Manager at the facility of PT Bekrie Construction during production of 5200 ton of steel. Client was BHP Bilieton (Western Australia), asset developments of existing ports. Contract price $12.4 million.
- Accountable for group of Quality Assurance engineers and the Inspectors, making sure quality was preserved, production plans were being met.
- Regular meetings with the subcontractor board ensuring every technical and procurement matters were resolved.
09/2005 to 12/2005: Site Manager
Varoon BV, India
- Accountable as a Site Manger for setting up the site office, regular contact with the Shipyard board and categorization on designs and Constructions of two no. Dive Support Vessels.
- Also concerned with every day growth and Inspections to make sure quality and goals were being met.
07/2005 to 08/2005: Hull Superintendent
Varoon BV, Korea
- Accountable as part of the Project group for construction of four no. 37K t Chemical/Oil carriers at the Hyundai’s Mipo Dockyard.
- Clients representative of Varoon B.V. for receipt of all phases of building of Hull and Outfit comprising guarantee that the Paint Specifications were also being met.
01/2005 to 06/2005: Sr. Hull/Outfit Inspector
Grang China Pvt. Ltd., Vietnam
- Same pose to that seized in a China with an exception that big deal of guidance and directing was provided to two the shipyards Halong Shipbuilding Company and Nantrieu Shipbuilding Company.
- Both the shipyards are the part of Vinaashin (Nationalized Shipbuilding/ Ship owning).
01/2004 to 12/2004: Sr. Hull/Outfit Inspector
Graig China Pvt. Ltd., China
- Accountable for inquiry of all slipway erection during construction of a sequence of the Bulk Carriers.
- Checking of the welding on a structure and pipings, comprising all outfits making sure compliance with the owners specification.
08/2002 to 11/2003: Construction Engineer
Mayflowers Energy Pvt. Ltd, China
- Accountable as a part of group during the construction of a Mobile Offshore Unit.
- Mainly accountable for construction of 2500 ton Guesto Jacking System, making sure shipyard met and fulfilled with the DNV rules and the Owners needs.
- Observing and assessment of fabricated assembly, from prefab to an production.
- Supervision and inspection of hull constructions including Water/ Air/Structural tests.
- Helped with the Mechanical checks on the Piping systems.
- Open University,
B. Sc. (Engineering and Science T203), 1996
- Open University,
B. Sc. (Technology Foundation T101), 1994
- Reid Kherr College, Paisley, 1991 – 1993
- Jem Watt College, Greenock, 1976 – 1981
- Notree Dame High School, 1972 – 1975
- Open University Tech Foundation ( T101 )
- Higher State Certificate ( Fabrication and Welding Eng.), 1991 – 1993
- Licentiate ship of City and Guilds, 1976 – 1981
- City and Guilds Advanced Certification (Shipbuilding Craft learning)
- City and Guilds Eng. Craft learning and Communication Skills