Do you have all the skills required for a retail buyer position, but can’t seem to fit them onto a resume? Learn to impress hiring managers by taking ideas from our retail buyer resume sample and job-specific tips for successful career planning. Creating a professional retail buyer resume can help you land an interview for that great job you want. But, do you know what to include in your retail buyer resume? View retail buyer resume example to learn the best format, key skills, and action verbs to help you improve and highlight your resume.
Learn how to make a convincing retail buyer resume with our sample and what recruiters and hiring managers are looking for in a retail buyer resume. In addition, using a retail buyer resume sample can help you format and write your retail buyer resume so you can get hired for your next job. Finally, find and download ATS-friendly great resume templates and cover letters that will push your career to the next level.
Retail buyer resume sample
[First Name] [Last Name]
Contact Address: [street] [Country] [City] [State/Province] [Zip Code]
Contact Number: (012)-345-6789
Email Address: [[email protected]]
To give in and contribute the skills and education that I have acquired into a challenging and tough retail buying situation in order to achieve the desired result. Free to move to places.
- Achieved Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing from the University of Delaware, New York, NY in 1992
Computer Programming Skills
- Office Package: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook Express
- Operating Systems: Windows9X, Windows2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, UNIX, MS DOS
Presently working as a Buyer – Junior Apparels Department since 2000 in BVD Style, Washington DC, and achieved the following:
- Increased sales value from 6 M to 8 M, in the year 2003 to 2005. Steadily achieved net operating and working profit of 15% – highest in company till this date.
- Started promotional policies and strategies and developed key differentiations which directly accounted in the increase in volume.
- Developed an extensive variety of communication channels and networks which not only helped in increasing product knowledge to counter sales personnel but also had a positive affected in the systematic planning of retailer programs.
- Selected as the Best Merchant of the Month, May 2007.
From 1996 to 1999 worked as a Divisional Sales Manager in Baltimore, Washington DC,
- Monitored furniture and fixtures, electronic equipments, lamps and basement showroom. In 1998 the total volume amounted to 6 M.
- All through the mall expansion and instrumental in sharing store sales amount within the plan sketch by attaining 15% increase. Priorities included steady assessment of inventory levels and content, objective setting, growth of key employees and attaining a high level motivation.
From 1993 to 1995 worked as an Assistant Buyer in Bethesda and performed duties like:
- Supervised men’s clothing, coats, suits, swim wear and active wear.