Are you looking for a professionally written junior technical writer resume example? Creating a professional junior technical writer resume can help you land an interview for that great job you want. But, do you know what to include in your junior technical writer resume? View junior technical writer resume example to learn the best format, key skills, and action verbs to help you improve and highlight your resume.
Each resume is hand-picked from our large database of real resumes. Learn how to make a convincing junior technical writer resume with our sample and what recruiters and hiring managers are looking for in a junior technical writer resume. In addition, using a junior technical writer resume sample can help you format and write your junior technical writer resume so you can get hired for your next job. Find and download expert-approved modern resume templates and cover letters for your future career.
Junior technical writer resume sample
[First Name] [Last Name]
Contact Address: [street] [Country] [City] [State/Province] [Zip Code]
Contact Number: (012)-345-6789
Email Address: [[email protected]]
To acquire the position of a junior technical writer and develop informative content for users that matches the user’s level of understanding and is technically sound. To acquire expertise in documentation and gain opportunities to work at senior level.
- Expertise in performing documentation functions mainly, developing and formating the technical content in prescribed format
- Familiar with the technical jargons and basic technical concepts that help me understand how to install and operate a system
- Skilled at considering the perspectives of laymen and professionals while developing technical content
- Excellent command over English language that allows to write content in an easy to understand manner
- Knowledge of the desktop publishing tools and MS suite of applications. Also, proficient in working with Adobe Framemaker, RoboHelp, PageMaker,and Interleaf.
Junior Technical Writer
Milestone Software Inc., San Diego
March 2010 – till date
- Communicate with the clients and end users to determine the goals and objectives of developing technical content
- Use the developed systems/software to gain a personal experience in using them. Create documents as per the advantages or difficulties experienced during the trials.
- Coordinate with the quality control and quality analyst specialists and evaluate the quality parameters of the documents
- Follow the given format and customize the data to create user guides. Ensure the information is easily accessible to a layman too.
- Ensure all developed documents match the specifications set for authenticity, clarity, conciseness and orderliness of the content
- Gather or develop pictures, diagrams, charts,sketches etc., to support the written information in pictorial form
Trainee Technical Writer
Synopsis Technical solutions Inc., San Diego
October 2008 – February 2010
- Interact with SMEs to gather information about the systems designs and the components used for developing the systems
- Analyze the different functions that the user will expect from the system and understand how each function can be performed
- Organize the technical data in well structured and logical manner. Format it in tabular or question -answer format, as required
- Act as per the feedback received from the end user. Make suitable changes to the documents as per the suggestions and complaints
- Forward the developed documents to the seniors of technical departments and ask them to verify the authenticity of the information provided
- Design new templates and formats for preparing the documents, customized as per the user requirements and project objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communication
San Diego University, 2009
Extra Curricular Activities
- Participated in national level essay writing competition from the year 2009 till date. Won third prize in year 2010.
Will be available on request