[First Name] [Last Name]
Contact Address: [street]
[Country] [City] [State/Province] [Zip Code]
Contact Number: (012)-345-6789
Email Address: [[email protected]]
To work as a junior hairstylist and utilize my creative skills and knowledge in hair styling to make a mark in the fashion industry. To be able to work under expert guidance and learn more about the haircare and hairstyling
Summary of Key Skills
- Thorough knowledge of the scientific aspects of hair growth, hair problems and hair care
- Familiar with the different hair care products in market and their chemical compositions
- Aware of the different hair styles suitable for hair that is short, medium or long in length
- Skilled at using various hair styling tools and instruments with precision
- Updated with the frequently changing fashion trends and newly launched styles
- Knowledge of the hairstyles to be designed for weddings, parties, college or corporate life,etc.
Working as a junior hairstylist with Hair Expresso Salon, Philadelphia from July 2010 till date. Also, I have completed nine months of internship at Panache Hair Designers, Philadelphia from October 2009 till June 2010. The most challenging experience was to work with professionals at the 7 – day Fusion Fashion Show, New York held in June 2010.
- Stylize hair as per the hair type and facial features of the client. Also, consider the occasion the client wants to attend
- Perform hair styling techniques to provide clients with desired look for hair – wavy, straight, curled or crumpled hair
- Experiment with the look of the hair by coloring, dying or bleaching hair and give desired look to the client
- Practice different hairstyles on mannequins using hair wigs, toupee, hair extensions and artificial curls
- Provide several services to clients such as hair wash and conditioning, head massage, hair cut, hair styling, hair coloring, etc.
- Master the skill of operating different styling tools such as combs, clippers, bands, hot irons, curling rods, scissors, etc.
- Learn about the chemical composition of the hair care products and evaluate its effect on the health of hair
- Identify allergies and potential side effects of using haircare products and make the users aware about the same
- Advise the clients on taking good care of their hair. Give them tips and solutions on following common haircare practices
- Analyze the hair type and suggest use of oils, shampoos and conditioners with ingredients suitable to the hair type
- Attend seminars and training sessions for acquiring expert knowledge about latest hair styles and styling methods
- Respond to the client queries and provide suitable solutions to their hair care problems
- Maintain high standards of hygiene by cleaning the styling tools after every use and replacing them periodically
- Diploma in Haircare and Hairstyling
Philadelphia University, 2009
Will be provided on request
Feel free to make use of the junior hair stylist resume sample for crafting your resume and applying for your dream job.