Contact Address: [street] [Country] [City] [State/Province] [Zip Code]
Contact Number: (012)-345-6789
Email Address: [[email protected]]
Stand out with Creative Resume templates guaranteed to give you an edge. Create Modern Resume or Google Docs Resume in minutes. Find out more regarding how to build a resume. Impress you future employer. Also, read inspiring Career Blog gives an inside view of work and workplace culture.
Editing professional with experience in journal publication-acquisition, selecting and editing, seeks to work as a journal editor in a renowned organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of journalism standards and guidelines with mastery in writing, editing and content designing skills.
- Familiar with publication process, guidelines of newsletter and journal publishing standards.
- Proficient in English (US) language with respect to spelling, punctuation, and grammar, punctuation with awareness of the current trends and issues in the publication of journal.
- Possess excellent personnel and organization management skills
June 2013 till date
Central Publication House, WA
- Responsible for conducting initial screening of manuscripts and forward those that meet the criteria
- Handle responsibilities of revising manuscripts based on reviewer comments with the author
- Perform tasks of updating monthly status to the managing director of all manuscripts in the pipeline
- Handle responsibilities of developing style guidelines for authors, use of journals in teaching and solicitation requests from authors
- Provide guidelines to authors to achieve clarity, publication guidelines, and in improving the overall quality
- Coordinate with the board of directors to provide overall strategic direction of the journal
April 2010 to May 2013
Book Store, WA
- Handle tasks of conceiving special issue and coordinate with the journal staff to bring it to fruition
- Responsible for assisting the journal editor in overseeing the stages of journal publication
- Assigned tasks of reviewing the content to check for typo errors, punctuation mistakes, misused words, and grammatical mistakes
- Ensure that the content is clear, concise, easy to comprehend and maintains consistency in names, and sequences of events from start to finish
- Perform responsibilities of checking index, header footer notes and appendix section of the journal
Graduate in Journalism, University of Washington