How should the resume be designed? As a rule, HR managers have very little time to deal with applications. For this reason, the relevant qualifications and work experience must be recognizable at first glance. Only in the next step of the application process is there a deep insight into the applicant’s personality. The resume should therefore focus on information on professional experience, training, and additional qualifications.
It’s also essential that your resume fits the industry you’re targeting. For an application to a bank, you should choose a simple template, but you can let your creativity run wild with an advertising agency.
How to write a resume for a job
We have listed the essential points for you so that you can design your resume easily:
- It is best to always start with your most recent training or work experience. In addition to the employment period, you should also add the name and a brief explanation of your job.
- Your resume shouldn’t be longer than two pages.
- A resume photo is no longer required, but it is always welcome.
- Emphasis such as underlining or bold text should be used sparingly.
- Choose a font that suits you and the industry you are applying for. In our template, you can choose between numerous reputable fonts.
- A signature gives your resume a personal touch.
Files included in the job resume package:
- 1 Page Resume Template
- 2 Page Resume Template
- Cover Letter Template (thank you card)
- Microsoft Word (.docx) files
- US Letter and A4 size
- Free Fonts
- File FAQ Help Guide