[First Name] [Last Name]
Contact Address: [street]
[Country] [City] [State/Province] [Zip Code]
Contact Number: (012)-345-6789
Email Address: [[email protected]]
Career Objective To obtain a Human Resource consultant position with a progressive organization where my experience in providing quality Human Resource management services will positively affect the recruitment, selection, placement, development and retention of employees, adding value to your clients.
Results oriented professional, energized by challenge, with over 12 years of progressive Human resource management and administrative experience supporting management teams and employees through rapid change and growth.
Competencies anchoring my successes include:
- 5 years of successful placements, matching the “needs” of the employer with the “best” qualified candidates/applicants by:
- Conducting job analysis, job evaluation resulting in quality job specifications and workflow benchmarks;
- Candidate screening; assisted clients with conducting background checks; verification of references, extensive screening; attribute assessment screening utilizing a variety of tools including Profiles.
Training & Development, and Employee Relations:
- Supervisors, Managers and Employees – Training & Development programs customized for the needs of the organization; topics included coaching/mentoring skills, how to resolve performance problems, dealing with conflict and problem solving, effective team building, ensuring legal compliance while hiring right and avoiding harassment in the workplace.
- Collaborative Team Training – Welcome to the HR Job Seminar – Instructor, coordinator and facilitator for Spokane, Washington area professionals; including training on human resource management, legal, safety, benefits and technology professionals updates to experienced HR Professionals and business owners.
- “Building our Future Program” – customized strategic planning program- designed to help organizations and business owners who are dealing with growth, mergers and/or change.
- Transition Assistance – assisting organizations in outplacement/downsizing events – providing career readiness tools; resume development, interviewing skills, and job search techniques.
- Provided insight and direction to business owners, HR Managers and supervisors in resolving employee relations issues, often participated in disciplinary actions by providing guidance to management.
Audit, Compliance, Policy, Compensation, Performance Management Experience:
- Audit and review of workplace, employee and management policies /handbooks, designing, developing and implementing updated policies/handbooks.
- Performance Management experience in analyzing, designing, developing and implementation of new performance evaluation solutions, often linking with job specification competencies, pay for performance initiatives.
- Compensation Plans reviews – using the point factor and compa ratio methodology – experience with Union and non-Union organizations.
- Salary Survey Research – Using ERI (economic research institute) software as well as developed customized salary surveys.
- Affirmative Action Plan /EEO-1- responsible for the development and insuring yearly compliance requirements are accomplished. Workforce analysis, goals progress, and audit of recruitment, placement, termination and transfers.
- Department of Labor auditing experience – EEOC compliance, investigation and response.
- Multi State compliance oversight- Washington, Idaho, Oregon, California, and Wyoming.
- Microsoft Office proficient; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet research expertise.
- HRIS Experience – as a consultant assisted clients with selection and set up of human resource information systems including ABRA, IVantage, Iemployees, and Ceridian.
- MST HR Solutions Spokane, WA Nov 2000 – June 2005
- Moss Adams LLP Spokane, WA Nov 2001 – March 2003
- Bates Technical College Tacoma, WA Sept 1999 – July 2001
Program Coordinator – Work First Training – Administrative Assistant, Call Center, Print Center training programs; including placement of students
- Electronic Data Systems Dayton, OH Nov 1994 – Oct 1998
HR Specialist – Government Services Contracts- DEIS II
Education & Training
- Chapman University
Master of Science
Human Resources Management
- Southern Illinois University
Bachelor of Science
Workforce Education & Development
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC)