[First Name] [Last Name]
Contact Address: [street]
[Country] [City] [State/Province] [Zip Code]
Contact Number: (012)-345-6789
Email Address: [[email protected]]
To obtain a career position in human resources focusing on industrial relations.
Parliamentary Research Assistant
Feb 04-May 04
Rt. Hon. STEPHEN BYERS, MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT
- Researched public policy initiatives for legislative consideration in the British House of
- Addressed constituent concerns, community affairs and managed media correspondence.
- Managed front office operations (executive officer support, administrative functions, record keeping).
- Political and Economic Affairs Intern
May 03- Aug 03
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE, ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL AFFAIRS SECTION,
U.S. EMBASSY BELIZE
- Researched and authored investigative reports on Belizean social and political affairs.
- Organized special events to improve bilateral relations and cross – cultural understanding.
Sep 01 – May 03
U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION, Chicago District Office
- Screened complaints to determine if they fell within the agency’s purview (ADA, Civil Rights Act, ADEA, EPA).
- Conducted interviews, statistical research and labor policy analysis to investigate employment discrimination claims.
- Negotiated settlement agreements to resolve claims.
- Volunteer Activities: Revamped outreach to underserved communities by orchestrating collaborative grass-roots programs involving multiple federal agencies. Counseled human resource managers on EEO legislation and compliance. Represented the EEOC at Presidential Classroom (Feb 03).
Feb 01-Jun 01
DAILY BRUIN, UCLA STUDENT MEDIA
- Completed a journalism training course on research, writing and editing techniques.
- Brainstormed story ideas, planned copy template, designed graphic illustrations and authored articles for publication.
London School of Economics and Political Science
Sep 03- Sep 04
- Masters in Social Policy and Planning with coursework concentration in labor relations.
- Authored “African and Native blood in American Public Policy” for publication in Race, Roots and Relations (2005).
- Chapter Leader of the Chicago alumni association. Responsible for advising prospective students, organizing social events and managing public relations.
- University of California, Los Angeles Sep 97-Aug 01
- Bachelors in Political Science and International Development Studies. Magna Cum Laude.
- Major GPA: 3.83 out of 4.0; Global GPA: 3.73 out of 4.0
- Academic Honors: Golden Key Honors Society, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Political Science Honors Society
- Activities: Immigrant Literacy Development Project (Sep 98-Dec 99), Reiber Hall Basketball team (Sep 98 – Dec 99), Bruin Belles Service Association (Sep 98-Jun 99), Bilingual Educator (Jun 00-Dec 00), Project Literacy (Jan 01-Jun 01).
Universidad de Costa Rica, San Jose Jan 00-Dec 00
- Scholarship recipient for year-long study abroad. Completed all coursework in Spanish.
- Domestic Violence Advocate with Rainbow House
- Mentor for Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistant (VITA) for The Center for Economic Progress
- Solid background in employment law and labor dispute mediation
- Functionally fluent in written and spoken Spanish
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Facility in cross-cultural communications and diversity management
- Willingness to learn, develop skills and work to accomplish goals.
Avid international traveler, salsa dancer, outdoors enthusiast.