[First Name] [Last Name]
Contact Address: [street]
[Country] [City] [State/Province] [Zip Code]
Contact Number: (012)-345-6789
Email Address: [[email protected]]
Stand out with Creative Resume templates guaranteed to give you an edge. Create Modern Resume or Google Docs Resume in minutes. Find out more regarding how to build a resume. Impress you future employer.
Costumes play an important role in presenting stories and making actors look part of the project. I want to use this concept for your production company by working as a costume designer and give the right look to characters with my costumes.
Summary of Skills:
- Vast experience in costume designing for all genres of films, television programs, theater, stage performances, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Paint Shop Pro, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of costume and accessory requirements for different themes and periods
- Ability to create identical prototypes from existing designs
- Skilled in sewing, researching, and purchasing materials for costume designing
- Ability to stick and produce results within set budget
- Vast knowledge of history and latest fashion trends
- Skilled in marketing, fashion designing, and interpreting stories
Olay Designs, Los Angeles, California
March 2012 – present
- Involve in different projects as the lead costume designer and handle a team of five designers
- Discuss the script and theme with the script writers, directors and producers to understand the project requirements
- Research for historical films and plays to analyze costume requirements accordingly
- Provide rough designs for every costume along with the complementary accessories
- Design costumes for the lead actors and supporting characters in every project
- Design specialized costumes for many sci-fi films such as “Aliens Land”, “Alive in Space”, “After the After Life”, etc.
Cosmopolitan Designers, Los Angeles, California
July 2010 – February 2012
- Designed costumes for different characters as per the project requirement
- Assisted lead designer in research for period films and plays
- Took measurements of the whole cast for stitching costumes
- Purchased fabrics and raw materials required for the project
- Provided budget estimate and cost specifications to the production department
- Created prototypes and got them approved before proceeding with production
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Designing
National Institute of Fashion Technology, Los Angeles, California
Available on request.