Searching for a job as a conservation officer with US Ecology Inc. where I can use my skills and experience in protecting fish and wildlife, patrolling outdoors, and curbing poaching.
Summary of Skills:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to educate people and raise awareness about environmental and wildlife issues, and game law
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills related to wildlife issues or potential conservation threats, like habitat loss, human-wildlife conflict, invasive species, etc.
- Good knowledge and experience of environmental, natural resources, and wildlife conservation principles, techniques and practices
- Ability to handle abused or ill animals, patrol dangerous places, and confront armed suspects for violating fishing law, etc.
- High organizational and time management skills to set or prioritize goals
- Effective decision making skills under stressful and tough conditions
- Knowledge of wildlife analysis with abilities to use GIS and remote sensing techniques
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
The Nature Conservancy, Los Angeles, CA
September 2016 – Present
- Patrolling assigned areas to detect, investigate, and control game law violations
- Checking licenses and permits of hunters, anglers, and park visitors
- Collecting and compiling data and biological activities for wildlife management strategies and resolving wildlife issues
- Enforcing game and fish laws and other wildlife related regulations
- Conducting environmental health education within the local community as assigned by the department
- Operating and maintaining snowmobiles, boats and patrol vehicles
- Enforcing safety regulations for hunting and fishing parties
National Audubon Society, Los Angeles, CA
June 2014 – August 2016
- Enforced laws, rules and orders relating to wildlife, environmental protection, and public safety
- Arrested violators of game law and presented them in the court
- Provided assistance and support to other law enforcement agencies
- Conducted various inspections and surveys for collecting data, and maintained reports on wildlife and environmental changes
- Presented accurate data and reports to the Principal Planning Officer, and worked alongside with Senior Conservation Officer to optimize wildlife protection programs
- Planned and supervised long-term wildlife and environment conservation projects and programs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science
University of California, Los Angeles, CA