Usual tasks and responsibilities of the city manager includes:
- Supervising daily functioning of every city departments
- Supervising department leaders
- Organizing draft city budget every year with choices the council votes on
- Investigating and preparing recommendations about the topics of interest to council
- Visiting citizens and citizen groups to recognize their requirements better
- Offering executive management that supports good performance by the city workers
- Controlling the city with proficient understanding of how whole city functions work together to their finest effect.
The sample city manager resume will help you to build your own resume for applying to the job of city manager.
Sample City Manager Resume
1234, West 67 Street
Carlisle, MA 01741
I have 25 years of professional experience associated with accounting, fiscal analysis and evaluation, financial reporting, contracts and plans and schedules.
Accounting Manager (Regulatory Reporting) – 09/2006 – Present
IBM, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Accountable for tax division, royalty and the production reporting and payment s to states of Colorado, Kansas, Wyoming.
- Handled staff of 11 – accountants and analysts who utilize SAP and other systems to produce data for uploading the reports of the state.
Williams Industry, Tulsa and Houston – 05/1987 – 08/2006
Leading Gas Management Rep for Williams Mainstream (2000 to 2006)
- Planned and settled natural gas transportation receipt and release on main intrastate and interstate pipelines and through different gas processing plant for 4 – Corners and Gulf Coast regions.
Senior Deal Operations Rep for Williams Mainstream (1997 to 2000)
- Taken economic decisions for the gas plant processing in Louisiana, Texas and Mobile Bay; also organized contract execution, management and metrics. Offered link between the Williams Field Service and the Transco Pipeline.
Administrator Gas Imbalances for TEP (1991 to 1997)
- Oversaw 11 accountants who solved gas imbalances between TEP and 3rd party pipelines, LCD’s and shippers.
ARCOO Oil and Gas Houston, Texas
Production Income Accountant
- My given areas were offshore TX and LA and onshore TX; my client pipelines were ANR and Transco
- Generated allocation reports for entire hydrocarbon production
- Organized MMS reports and TX RRC reports
Bachelor of Accountancy
Houston University (Biology)
MS Office : PowerPoint; Scheduling systems : Williams’ Gaskit and 1-Line, Northern Natural’s N-ergy, License of Oklahoma Real Estate sales.